Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pregnancy update, 25 weeks







I love free baby stuff! We got this "Baby's First Seabag" for attending a short Budget for Baby class put on by the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society. Most of the info covered was common sense but I did pick up a few good tips. There were so many goodies in this bag: onesies, sleep-n-play outfits, booties, two crib sheets, burp cloths, bibs, a receiving blanket, AND a hand knitted blanket and bootie set. Awww...

This Wednesday I reached the 25-week mark of the pregnancy. Baby H is making himself comfortable and I am getting rounder and finding it harder to bend over. In the past few weeks I have definitely noticed him moving around, although the movement is very gentle. I know he is moving though because at my doctor's appointment this week the midwife had to chase him all over to get his heart rate!

On another random note, I have had many people asked me what I am "craving" so far during the pregnancy. I haven't noticed anything specifically, just a continuation of my major food loves/temptations: mainly chocolate and soda! And (maybe this counts) recently I have been eating a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for lunch almost every single day.

I feel that now with only a few months to go I am finally starting to get in gear as far as preparing. Here are a few of the things on my to-do list for the next few months:

Clear storage space, set up registry, do some reading about newborns, attend La Leche meetings (breastfeeding support group), childbirth class, research and purchase major items (car seat, stroller, bassinet, possibly video camera), car maintenance, income taxes, stocking up on baby & household supplies, prepare baby announcement mailing, make and freeze some meals. Anything else I should add to this list?

3 comments:

Sarah2280 said...

I HIGHLY recommend the book Baby Bargains! It is very helpful for new parents trying to figure out what baby gear you need to buy. It also has good suggestions for what to get. Be sure and get the latest edition! Trust me, it will save you time and money!

Becky said...

What cool stuff! Way worth the time of listening to a class and getting some new information. I would say the best tip is to be open to new ideas. And if you can wait to buy some of the bigger items until after the baby arrives. You may find that you don't need as much as you think you do. And shop second hand stores you can find great buys there on the things you decide you do want.

TulipGirl said...

Oooh! I remember getting one of those! (Well, the Air Force version . . . we were on an AFB, but Hubby was in the Army. . .)