Monday, January 5, 2009

Our little boy

On December 15, we found out that we are having a little boy! This ultrasound picture was taken at 20 weeks and 5 days. The little one was in just about a perfect position to show us that he was indeed a he! His arms were curled up around his head and his legs were hanging out with lots of room. It was wonderful to know that everything is on track with the pregnancy and see the ultrasound tech zoom in on various areas showing his developing internal organs and even the umbilical cord. The highlight for Joe was seeing the baby swallow during the ultrasound! We also found out that I have an anterior placenta, meaning that the placenta is between the baby and the front of my belly... this explains why I haven't felt a lot of movement and kicking yet, because he is kicking the placenta instead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the 20 week sonogram so amazing?! I think our mouths were hanging open the entire time. There is a little miracle growing inside of you!