Saturday, September 13, 2008

September so far...

I smile when people tell me, "I check your blog every day or every few days- always looking for a new post." (Or in one person's case, who shall remain nameless, every several hours!) But please, continue to bug me so that I'll remember to write about the simple things when life is somewhat slow.

September has been quiet compared to July and August around here.

This month I have started up two new activities which I'm enjoying: Swimming and a Bible study class. I decided to take some adult swimming lessons to improve on my skills. I wouldn't drown if you threw me in the water, but each time I go to lessons I am reminded of why I am there! And hey, I even met a new friend. The pool is right on base, 5 minutes away so it is really convenient.

Also, I am doing an in-depth Bible study class that started Thursday and will continue to meet once per week through May. It is called Bible Study Fellowship International and my class is a group of about 100 women of different ages who come together once per week for discussion groups and a lecture on a passage of Scripture. I say it is "in-depth" because each week there are six days worth of 30 minute homework assignments to complete before coming to the next class. The study focuses on the life of Moses as written in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. I am looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully meeting some new people.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Awww man, I wanna take swimming classes! Awww, I wanna go to Bible study!!! Sounds like you're having fun Bug. We're transitioning into life with both of us at work (for a long time!). And we both have colds...yay! Hope to talk to you soon!