Monday, August 25, 2008

Our not-so-sunny vacation














Joe decided to take some leave (vacation) this week and we headed to the coast of Washington and Oregon for a few days.


Unfortunately, the weather made the coast very gray, windy, and cold. Not exactly the beach weather I'd hoped for! But I'm beginning to know better in Washington now- you can NEVER count on good weather. I think it was the first time I've ever worn my winter coat on the beach.


Still, it was a great opportunity to get away for a little bit, enjoy a nice hotel room, eat some great food, and explore a new place.


One day we went to Long Beach, Washington (pictured) hoping to go to a kite festival, but it was too windy- 60 mph winds. The poor little kites just couldn't deal with so much wind. So instead, we drove around, rode go-carts, played pinball, and got Hawaiian shave ice. The next day we toured a historic home, the Captain Flavel House.


These photos are of the bridge leading from Astoria, Oregon to Washington, wooden posts sticking out of the water, and Long Beach.

No comments: