Tuesday, April 15, 2008

working at Children of the Nations!


I'm very excited that I have found a part time position here in Washington!

I saw a flyer at my church advertising available staff positions at Children of the Nations, a Christian nonprofit organization that helps orphaned and destitute children overseas. Ever since I was about to conclude my time as a semester missionary at Connecticut College, I felt like the Lord was leading me to work at a Christian organization in marketing, communications, or something else in that field. At that time I applied for several positions in nonprofits and was ready to leave Connecticut, but nothing panned out. Later that summer I met Joe!

After going to talk to Pam, the Communications Director, and meeting people at COTN, I was so encouraged to rediscover this calling and desire- and an opportunity only 3 miles away from our house. I think what draws me to Communications is that it is a way to connect people with what God is doing in the world.


This was my first week, and it was a great week- I got to meet a lot of the staff for an annual meeting & conference. All of the ministry directors from 4 other countries were there- Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and the Domincan Republic. I was really blessed to meet them and learn more about COTN. I'm still learning so much, but thankful that God has provided this opportunity.

No comments: