Since it's Earth Day and all, I thought I'd post about some of the ways I'm trying to be more environmentally friendly... please share in the comments about some of the things you all are doing too!- Using canvas shopping bags at the grocery store
- Using Nalgene water bottles instead of bottled water
- Recycling (paper, plastic, cans, cardboard)
- Washing out & reusing ziploc bags
- Driving a fuel-efficient car (yay Toyota)
- Donating items whenever possible rather than throwing them away (school supplies to a school, books to the library, old computer to a nonprofit, etc.)
- Use fewer & nontoxic cleaning products- I'm planning to switch to Basic H at the recommendation of Money Saving Mom
Thanks to my mom for being a good example in this endeavor!
P.S. I've noticed that a lot of these ways of going green also help save money!


1 comment:
good point on how "going green" can save money.
there's obviously more extreme green things you could do...like install solar powered cells to the top of your car or something...
but the small things (that add up) can usually be quite cost effective as well.
good list, thanks for sharing...
and I guess..."happy earthday"
(Thank goodness Earthday cards aren't common)
Post a Comment