Thursday, November 13, 2008

After 15 weeks, a baby avocado!


This week I finished my fifteenth week of pregnancy! This week, baby is about 4 and a half inches long and weighs about 3 ounces... approximately the size of an avocado. Since I crossed into my second trimester a few weeks ago I have been feeling a lot better. I am thankful for less nausea and more energy.

However, I have noticed that pretty soon I will be outgrowing my clothes. Though I don't think I have a really noticeable baby bump, several people have commented on it. I always thought I'd enjoy wearing jeans with an elastic band anyway! I'll do my best to get a picture up in the next few weeks.

My next doctor's appointment is Nov. 24, and we will probably schedule the ultrasound for the week of Dec. 15. I'm hoping we'll get a good idea during the ultrasound if we have a boy or girl. Especially since Joe and I have had an easier time agreeing on girl names than boy names.

I would appreciate your prayers for Joe being able to be home for the birth of the baby. At this point there is no way to know what his schedule will be in late April/early May. It will probably be at the discretion of his command, so I am praying now that it will work out.

Check out this link for more info if you're curious!

3 comments:

Elena said...

Hey, like the cool new background!

RC said...

it's very exciting isn't it :-)

i would often call Linden (before that was her name) by the name of the fruit/nut/legume that described her size that week.

Some weeks she was navel orange, other weeks my pistachio.

Hooray for your avocado!

Anonymous said...

Maternity pants are awesome! I found it a little strange, at first, that I no longer had to button or zip up my pants. Now, sometimes I forget that I am wearing pants again that require these important steps :-)