Basically, I met with a group of about 10 other women who have a due date within a month or so of mine for two hours. Most of these women are either in the Navy or spouses of Navy guys. There is more of a focus on education regarding pregnancy and labor & delivery. Today we had a dietician come and speak about nutrition and we just had a general orientation and "meet and greet." During each centering class I will also have one-on-one time with the midwife. Joe will also be able to attend the class, though he was working today and couldn't come.
During my one on one time with the nurse midwife (who is great, I really like her!), everything continues to be normal. I am almost 14 weeks today. I got a little nervous when she was trying to find the baby's heartbeat (what if she doesn't find it?) but my fear subsided when I could hear the quick beating of the little heart, about 150 beats per minute. I haven't gained any weight in the last four weeks, but she reassured me that was still normal. I am also not really showing yet.
One thing I really carry away from pregnancy so far is a completely new perspective on human life. Hearing a heart beat from inside you, when you know this baby is so fragile, weighing around an an ounce or less and only 3-4 inches long, is simply amazing!


3 comments:
Aw, you're gonna make me cry. I'm so happy for you and Joe and I'm so glad you have the time and the opportunity to take part in classes like this.
Love you lots and lots!!!
Aimee! I am so happy for you! I wish I could give you a big hug!
What a blessing! Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment