Saturday, July 12, 2008

Aimee's Bargain Shopping Adventures, part 3

Safeway, one of our local grocery stores, is having a Summer Savings Marathon promo. If you buy so many items, you get a printout you can use like cash in the store.

I'm enjoying shopping as a challenge and learning about how to get the best deal. I did all of this using only one coupon- I hope to do better next time using some coupons. And I didn't do the max of the promotion (buy 25 items, earn $20 in store credit)

This is my first time participating in a blog carnival, where people post their links (each person shares their own experience on their blog.) Kinda fun. Sorry to bore some of you with this!

I did buy 15 items, earn $10 in store credit (just shopping for two)

4 Betty Crocker Cake Mixes @ $1.50= $6.00
2 White Cheddar Cheez-Its @ $2.50=$5.00
2 Oreo Cookies @ $2.50= $5.00
1 6-pack Coke 1 liter bottles @ $1.49 =$1.49 (with in-ad coupon)
2 Kleenex Tissues @ $1.50= $3.00
4 Frozen Green Giant Veggies @ $2.00= $8.00
Total w/tax= $28.88
Earned $10 in store credit :)

PS- I'm not going to eat all those Oreos! They are for bringing to summer social events and parties. :)

2 comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Aimee,

Thanks so much for sharing your scenario on my site. It's so helpful when others post what they've bought and which coupons they use. I hope you're able to take advantage of the deal again (it ends 7/29). I love this promo because I can stock up on cereal, rice, salsa, etc. and still donate A TON of food to our local food bank for just a few dollars. Good job on your first run!

Elena said...

Hi Bug, hoping to get into more couponing soon. The only really cool place that might work around here is CVS. Glad you're having fun with it. Talk to you soon?