



About two weeks ago I enjoyed a day with my parents at beautiful Olympic National Park. The eastern part of the park is only a little over two hours away from our home in Silverdale. We drove up to Hurricane Ridge which has great views of the Olympic Mountains 5,200 feet up! It lived up to its name- the wind was 30 mph and my dad kept a tight grip on his hat! (You'll notice our windswept hair in the photos too!) There was still snow on the ground, hopefully later in the summer I'll get a chance to see the wildflowers.
Then we drove a little further to Lake Crescent, also part of the park. I will remember this place as a great getaway... very peaceful and calm with gorgeous scenery. We did a short hike to a nearby Marymere Falls.
I'm looking forward to going with Joe next time so he can take some pictures which we can frame and keep in our home.


No comments:
Post a Comment