Wednesday, March 12, 2008

why am i blogging?

I decided to try it. I've really enjoyed reading some of my friends' blogs and being able to easily find out what's going on in their lives.

But, I think the thing that seems to appeal most to me about blogging is a way of remembering everyday life, a simple life memory or thought that I would otherwise forget.

If you ask me about someone's phone number, birthday, address, last name, where something is in the house, the schedule for the week, or some other kind of fact/data, I'm your girl. But put me on the spot and ask me to remember an actual life experience, a memory, from my childhood or even last year, and I feel embarrassed because my mind just doesn't seem to work that way.

Plus, I like writing. Especially when I don't have to interview people.

So, I'll try out this blogging thing. Looking back, looking forward, randomly rambling, and hoping I can create a simple memory or two along the way.

1 comment:

RC said...

i'm glad you started blogging and can't wait to see what this blog becomes :-)