Monday, March 24, 2008

our cross country trip





Last month Joe and I went on a cross-country road trip to bring my car from Connecticut to Washington. We put 4,500 plus miles on my car over 2 weeks! Highlights of the trip:

* Aimee finally convincing Joe to stop driving after 940 miles at 4 am after the first day of driving (Groton, CT to Terre Haute, Indiana)
* Visiting family and friends along the way
* Our day visit to Grand Canyon National Park (brrr...)
* Singing the "100 bottles of beer on the wall" song all the way through
* Eating at Cracker Barrel (yum, they don't have many in New England or Washington)
* Hampton Inns

After leaving Oklahoma, we decided to take the southern route on I-40 through Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona to avoid potential bad weather. (It's a really beautiful drive that I would totally recommend.) So, we got to stop for a day at the Grand Canyon. There was snow and ice all over the ground, and I was a little nervous because those fences weren't high enough for me.

People were really loving the opportunity to throw snowballs off the edge of the canyon and one girl ran to throw her ball and I was just thankful she didn't slide, lose her balance, and fall in!

1 comment:

Grete said...

Hey Aimee!

I'm so excited you've started a blog - may I add it to my blog's sidebar? (I found it through Facebook.)

So you and Joe are in Washington, eh? Is it beautiful? Jon and I have been wanting to visit the Portland/Seattle area...