Sunday, June 15, 2008

The lazy blogger finally checks in

I admit I have not blogged much lately- sorry! The past few weeks have been pretty quiet. But here are some of the highlights.

I just finished working on a monthly newsletter at Children of the Nations (my volunteer work) that goes out to over 2,000 ministry supporters. It includes photos, news updates and prayer requests, and a letter from the president. Getting it all put together ran fairly smoothly, considering this was my first time to do it! My next story is a feature about a church that collected over 1,600 shoes for children in Malawi, Africa!

Lately I find myself reading a lot online about bargain shopping, frugal living, and personal finance. The past two weeks I went to yard sales with my friend Kelly and I found a few great things for decorating our apartment!

Joe has been keeping busy with work, so lately I have been spending more time with a few of the wives of the men who work in Joe's division on the submarine. In case any of you wonder what Joe actually does, this might help you:

Sonar (for SOund NAvigation and Ranging) is a technique that uses sound propagation (usually underwater) to navigate, communicate or to detect other vessels. (definition from wikipedia)


I'm also looking forward to my parents' ten day visit which begins Tuesday. We'll be going to a Seattle Mariners baseball game, taking a four day trip to Vancouver Island in Canada, enjoying some of the best restaurants, and who knows what else. I'm hoping for lots of that rare Washington sun!

No comments: