Thursday, May 29, 2008

Catching up!

Sorry for the lack of posting lately! I'll do a little catching up for you.

Recently it has warmed up considerably and we have had some beautiful weather. If I haven't mentioned it before, on a clear day it is absolutely stunning- with great views of the Olympic Mountains and water inlets all around. Plus you can see Mount Rainier in the distance, which is over 14,000 feet. I wish I had a picture to share with you... I'll try to get one in the next few weeks and post it.

This past weekend Joe and I went to a local Destruction Derby, where people fix up junk cars so they run, and then remove the glass. They race them and then at the end they all run into each other to try and be the last car still working. It was fun!

We also watched 3 movies- Dan in Real Life, Bella, and Memoirs of a Geisha. I enjoyed Dan in Real Life mostly because of Steve Carell from the Office (one of my fave shows). Bella was recommended by my friends Joel and Elena. This movie is very understated and has a good message, but overall I thought it was just OK (sorry Elena! We can see why you liked it!) My favorite of the bunch was Memoirs of a Geisha, which totally drew me in. Maybe it's because it reminded me of our trip to Japan.

Hope you feel a little more "in the know." Will try to get some more pictures on here soon!

No comments: